Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 - Pizza!



I keep forgetting to take my vitamins. Which is stupid, because I have no energy when I don't take them (my body tends to be extremely anemic--resulting in occasional blood transfusions, which really sucks). So, in the afternoon I have almost no energy, which makes it really hard to cook dinner.

And that means I have to punt. Which is what I did last night. We went to the store and picked up a large cheese pizza. Which my son can eat at any given time. Our deli is kinda sparse on the cheese, which on the one hand annoys me, since I pay the same price for a cheese pizza as I would for a supreme with the works--$12.49, but on the other hand is kind of ok since I don't really love cheese.

Steven wanted just cheese, so half of the pizza I left plain. The other half, though, I dressed up with olives, fresh mushrooms (did I tell you how cheap mushrooms were? $2.59/lb plus they were HUGE), and sun-dried tomatoes (oh, my favorite). I stuck it in the oven (425°) for 15 minutes, and voila...perfect pizza.
Yes, that is a pumpkin pie in the corner. It is Steven's
favorite and about the only sugary dessert I will let
him have now that he has braces on.

No comments:

Post a Comment