Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22 - Breakfast for Dinner

It has been raining here. A lot. In the last four days, we've gotten more rain that we got in all of 2009. And the weather service thought that we might get flooded. From the river, that is...but unless it keeps raining, that is looking less likely. Which is good for the people who live along the river.

However...I live along the foothills. And I got flooded from all the water coming off of those hills. Sigh...



With the cold, rainy weather...I was looking for comfort food, but I also didn't want to cook. In retrospect, this would have been a great day for a crockpot soup, but that didn't happen. So we had breakfast instead.

I made potatoes, veggie sausage patties, and eggs. And let me tell you, I haven't eaten eggs since last year...but I got kind of grossed out by them yesterday. So I only ate a bite or two and gave the rest to the dogs. The potatoes were really good, though.

I have two eggplant that I need to cook, and I'm kind of thinking ratatouille. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment