Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 - Green and White Pasta

Yummmm...

It's kind of feeling like spring here. Sorry, rest of the country - I know you are dealing with major below normal temperatures, but, hey...I live in the desert, so it's only fair that my temps (which are always way off from the rest of the country) are spring like. Upper 60's springlike. Very nice.

Which means that I want peas. The penultimate of spring veggies. Of course, peas aren't available yet. Except in the freezer section. Which is where I bought mine.

But anyway...

I adapted this recipe from somewhere...Sadly, this is how many of my recipes come about. I have a recipe, generally handwritten, and then I change it. I can't just make a recipe as written. Except if I'm baking, and even that's debatable.

So, this is my version of a Green and White Pasta recipe I got somewhere...
  • 1 (12 oz) pkg of angel hair pasta (preferable multi-grain, if you can find it)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 12-ish oz of mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 oz prepared pesto (or you can make your own)
  • 1 (16 oz) package frozen baby peas 
  • 1 (10 oz) pkg of baby spinach
  1. Prepare angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain. Stir pesto into pasta.
  2. In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until juices are released and mushrooms are softened.
  3. Add  baby peas and cook until heated through. Add spinach and cover pan. Cook until spinach is wilted, 3-5 minutes.
  4. Spoon over pasta and serve.
Easy, easy, easy! And tasty, too. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste. You can also grate parmesan cheese over the top if you feel the need, but it really isn't necessary...

This makes a lot. Like 8+ servings. But it is totally worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment