Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26 - Awesome Mushroom Pasta

Have I mentioned yet how much I love mushrooms? I could eat them every day. I love them as much as I love steak, which is good since I've given up eating meat. Ü

Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats--A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners (A 30-Minute Meal Cookbook)
This week I'm cooking my way through a bunch of Rachael Ray recipes. A lot of them are easy to adapt to vegetarian cooking, and this recipe is no exception. This is based on Rachael's Creamed Mushroom Sauté with Artichoke Hearts, Spinach, and Penne from 365: No Repeats.

Of course, I put my own spin on things, but the basic recipe is so easy and soooooo good!


Whitney's Pesto Mushroom, Artichoke Heart, Spinach Pasta
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, pressed
  • 2 shallots, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 lbs assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced (we used white button mushrooms and cremini mushrooms)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (soy would probably be fine, too)
  • 1 (15 oz) can artichoke hearts, well-drained
  • 1 (10 oz) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 tbsp prepared pesto
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add garlic and shallots and cook for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and yummy.
  3. Sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper over mushrooms and stir. Stir in vegetable broth and cook for a minute or two (until thickened). Stir in almond milk and simmer for five minutes.
  4. Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and pesto. Heat through (1-3 minutes). Mix into well drained penne pasta.




The finished pasta is soooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment