Thursday was kind of a "its almost the end of the week and we are out of money until tomorrow so shopping is limited to the fridge, pantry, and freezer" day. But I'd purchased asparagus and a 3-pack of colored bell peppers earlier in the week, so it wasn't too much of a stretch to put this dinner together.
Asparagus Pepper Pasta
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 (yes 6!) cloves of garlic, pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb penne pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until slightly golden. Add asparagus, broccoli, and bell pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over penne pasta.