Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 60 - Asparagus Pepper Pasta Revisited

Sunday was another one of those days. We were all lazing around the house, and we discovered kinda late that the Awards Ceremony we were attending was refreshments only, not dinner like I thought. I was being lazy and I didn't want to go to the store, which leads me to that platitude "necessity is the mother of invention". The Asparagus Pepper Pasta was a hit earlier in the week and I still had asparagus and peppers left, so I revisited the recipe (with a few changes--again, that seems to be how I cook).

Asparagus Pepper Pasta Revisited
  • 1 lb asparagues spears
  • 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 large mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 largish medium zucchini, cut in quarters
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lb penne pasta
  1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
  2. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until transparent. Add asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and bell pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp-tender and mushrooms have released their juices. Add salt and pepper.
  3. Serve over penne pasta. 
Sorry! No pics--I had to get ready for the awards ceremony and time was tight around dinner time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment